Thursday, March 7, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
• Examine how we’ve reached a point, whereby most dogs are fed a carbohydrate
dense commercial diet.
• Discussion of various studies that explore the question of whether dogs have
evolved to prefer a carbohydrate-based dies, or if they still possess a biological
leaning toward a prey-based diet, similar to that of their ancestors.
• Discussion of other studies that examine the impact of macronutrient intake on
dogs, and whether a high fat diet is detrimental or not, to their health; other
areas where health is affected by macronutrients.
• Associations between domesticated dogs and wolves when fed similar, or dissimilar
• Discover how these topics play an important role in a working dogs diet.